- The Donald Trump Impact: Not so Inevitable After All
- Heck Decision Prompts Rating Changes in 2 Nevada Races
- Joe Heck to Run for Nevada Senate (Video)
- GOP Women's Recruitment Effort Adapts for 2016
- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
“If these repairs are not made, the artwork in the Rotunda, including the Apotheosis of Washington and the Frieze of American History, are at a great risk of damage due to water leaks,” according to the office.
Close to $60 million has been authorized for the project. The AOC used a competitive bidding process to select the contractor, and the office plans to incorporate lessons learned from a 2012 restoration of the Dome skirt that was completed on budget and on time.
The bulk of the work will be conducted at night and on the weekends, with the goal of not disrupting Congress or the Capitol’s many tourists.