- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Its lobbying efforts have won over influential Members, including House Transportation and Infrastructure Chairman John Mica (R-Fla.) and Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J.), who chairs the Commerce, Science, and Transportation subcommittee dealing with surface transportation. Of course, their support doesn’t guarantee that the interlock incentives will make it into the final version of the transportation bill, which has a string of politicized issued attached to it.
Both groups have already started trading shots. Griffin said ABI’s positions were designed to “put profit ahead of public safety,” and, in a press release earlier today, Longwell accused MADD of “a long history of juking the stats to drum up support.”