- The Donald Trump Impact: Not so Inevitable After All
- Heck Decision Prompts Rating Changes in 2 Nevada Races
- Joe Heck to Run for Nevada Senate (Video)
- GOP Women's Recruitment Effort Adapts for 2016
- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
Sources familiar with Tuesday’s Republican meeting indicated that revenues would continue to be a tough sell for GOP Members, both fundamentally and from a vote-counting perspective. At every phase of the debt negotiations tied to increasing the debt ceiling, Republicans insisted that taxes not be raised in an economic downturn. There is a possibility, sources said, that the panel could broach tax code reform, but time is short and multiple negotiating groups already have failed in that endeavor.