- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Sources familiar with Tuesday’s Republican meeting indicated that revenues would continue to be a tough sell for GOP Members, both fundamentally and from a vote-counting perspective. At every phase of the debt negotiations tied to increasing the debt ceiling, Republicans insisted that taxes not be raised in an economic downturn. There is a possibility, sources said, that the panel could broach tax code reform, but time is short and multiple negotiating groups already have failed in that endeavor.