- Candidates Look to Make Family Legacies in Congress
- Cruz's Struggle: This Man Loves to Argue
- DSCC Topped $5 Million in March
- NRSC Raised $4.9 Million in March
- NRCC Outraises DCCC in March, Is Now Debt-Free
“Whether Democrats or Republicans, the mountain folks are fiercely independent. ... Shuler succeeded by capturing the cultural conservatism, the ambience of the area,” Guillory said. “A lot of his success has been that he looks independent.”
Shuler raised $140,000 in the first quarter and had $144,000 in cash on hand, according to his FEC filing.