- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
“Whether Democrats or Republicans, the mountain folks are fiercely independent. ... Shuler succeeded by capturing the cultural conservatism, the ambience of the area,” Guillory said. “A lot of his success has been that he looks independent.”
Shuler raised $140,000 in the first quarter and had $144,000 in cash on hand, according to his FEC filing.