- Ratings Change: Kirk's Race Now Tilts to Democrats
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Best of Rob Bishop
- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
“Whether Democrats or Republicans, the mountain folks are fiercely independent. ... Shuler succeeded by capturing the cultural conservatism, the ambience of the area,” Guillory said. “A lot of his success has been that he looks independent.”
Shuler raised $140,000 in the first quarter and had $144,000 in cash on hand, according to his FEC filing.