- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
Several attempts at reaching a grand bargain on the deficit have blown up over the House GOP's insistence on not increasing revenue. Reid last week warned that the committee would not produce a bill unless Republicans agreed to revenue.
Failure to produce an agreement would trigger an automatic $1.2 trillion cut in defense spending, Medicare and other programs starting Jan. 1, 2013 — the same date the 2001 and 2003 Bush tax cuts expire.