- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Walden, who bluntly told Teller that he was “privileged” to be in the GOP Conference meeting, then lit into the aide, arguing that, “You should not use that privilege to tear down this team for outside organizations.”
Following the meeting, Jordan insisted he had no knowledge of the emails and said he was discussing what to do about the aides internally.
But the RSC Member list is not the first time conservatives have stepped out of traditional bounds during the debt fight.
On Tuesday, former Rep. Ernest Istook (R-Okla.) took to the House floor to lobby his former colleagues to vote against Boehner’s plan, raising questions about the propriety of such actions.
Istook is a distinguished fellow at the Heritage Foundation.