- Ratings Change: Kirk's Race Now Tilts to Democrats
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Best of Rob Bishop
- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
But White House Press Secretary Jay Carney continued to blister at the idea that Republicans might play chicken with default again as the “height of irresponsibility.”
“We cannot play this game because while it might be satisfying to those with highly partisan and ideological agendas, it’s not satisfying to the American people. ... The president will not engage in that kind of brinksmanship. He just expects Congress to do its job,” Carney said.