- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
But White House Press Secretary Jay Carney continued to blister at the idea that Republicans might play chicken with default again as the “height of irresponsibility.”
“We cannot play this game because while it might be satisfying to those with highly partisan and ideological agendas, it’s not satisfying to the American people. ... The president will not engage in that kind of brinksmanship. He just expects Congress to do its job,” Carney said.