- Why Was Fiorina Denied Ad Time During the Debate?
- What the Hell Happened to Jeb Bush?
- Pelosi, DCCC Use Tea Party to Fire Up Dem Voters
- Anti-Abortion Groups to GOP: Include Fiorina in Debate
- Obamacare Repeal Votes Motivate Democratic Donors
The Republican is expected to announce the news tonight at an event in downtown Chicago.
The switch would enable him to avoid running against fellow Republican Rep. Randy Hultgren in a primary for the safe Republican 14th district next year. Walsh had first announced he would run for that seat in September.
Roll Call first reported in late November that Walsh was considering switching districts.
Walsh currently serves in the 8th district, but a Democratic-led redistricting will make that race much more competitive.
Iraq War veteran Tammy Duckworth and former Illinois Deputy Treasurer Raja Krishnamoorthi are vying for the Democratic nomination for the 8th district.