- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
The Republican is expected to announce the news tonight at an event in downtown Chicago.
The switch would enable him to avoid running against fellow Republican Rep. Randy Hultgren in a primary for the safe Republican 14th district next year. Walsh had first announced he would run for that seat in September.
Roll Call first reported in late November that Walsh was considering switching districts.
Walsh currently serves in the 8th district, but a Democratic-led redistricting will make that race much more competitive.
Iraq War veteran Tammy Duckworth and former Illinois Deputy Treasurer Raja Krishnamoorthi are vying for the Democratic nomination for the 8th district.