What you might have missed “At the Races” on Monday ...
- #MAsen: The special-election primary to fill Secretary of State John Kerry's Senate seat is Tuesday. Here are the five things to know about the race.
- #SC01: The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee upped its television ad buys against former Gov. Mark Sanford in this special election.
- #SCsen: Vice President Joesph R. Biden Jr. teased that he would endorse Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., or "rip" his skin off — whatever helps his 2014 prospects.
- #IAsen: Iowa Republican Gov. Terry E. Branstad suggested (again) that he does not think Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa, would make the best GOP Senate candidate.
- #MIsen: Rep. Gary Peters, a Democrat, will formally announce his candidacy for Senate on Wednesday in the town where he was raised, Rochester Hills.
- Democracy for America Chairman Jim Dean ripped President Barack Obama over his proposed budget in an email to supporters. In an email titled "Disgusted," Dean wrote, "President Obama is selling out the Democratic legacy in exchange for wasteful, unnecessary military spending — and it's on us to organize to stop him." Former Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean founded Democracy for America, and Jim Dean is his brother.
- #CA31: A fourth Democrat entered the field to challenge GOP Rep. Gary G. Miller, a top Democratic target in 2014, via Redlands Daily Facts.
- #CT05: Democratic Rep. Elizabeth Esty returned donations from a utility company's employees after Republicans called it a conflict of interest, via the New Haven Register.