Here’s what you might have missed “At the Races” on Thursday …
- #IASEN: Iowa Secretary of Agriculture Bill Northey will not run for Senate and has encouraged Republican Rep. Steve King to seek the open seat instead.
- #MTSEN: EMILY's List President Stephanie Schriock confirmed her interest in a bid for Senate.
- #MISEN: Rep. Gary Peters, D-Mich. discussed his Senate campaign in an interview with CQ Roll Call.
- #MI14: Several Detroit-area Democrats are positioning to run for Peters' seat including his primary foe from 2012, former Rep. Hansen Clarke.
- #SC01: Independent Women's Voice, a conservative group backing former Gov. Mark Sanford, spent about $65,000 on television in the special election, according to two Democratic operatives who monitor media buying. A number of other Republicans and conservative groups have lined up for Sanford in the past week.
- #IN05: Freshman Rep. Susan W. Brooks, R-Ind. has a primary challenge: Carmel businessman David Stockdale will announce his candidacy on Saturday, according to a release.
- #LA06: Businessman Paul Dietzel II announced Thursday he will run for Rep. Bill Cassidy's seat. Cassidy is running for the GOP nomination to challenge Sen. Mary L. Landrieu, D-La., in 2014. The 6th District is a Republican stronghold, and the GOP field could end up being fairly crowded.