- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
“When this bill comes to the floor, the Senate will have a historic opportunity to make our families safer, and I look forward to working with my colleagues to ban high-capacity ammunition magazines,” Lautenberg said in his own statement.
Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., was disappointed and frustrated earlier this week, when she learned from Reid that her bill to revive a prohibition on certain assault-style weapons would be left on the sidelines from the base measure. Reid, however, said he was not sure there would be even 40 votes for such language on the Senate floor, much less the 60 needed to avert a filibuster of it. Thus far, Democrats and Republicans have not been able to agree on background check language.