- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
An aide to Biden did not immediately respond to a request for comment on McConnell’s efforts to engage the vice president, and Capitol Hill sources outside of those two offices were unsure how those efforts might bear fruit.
“The vice president and I have worked together on solutions before, and I believe we can again,” McConnell said. “I want my colleagues to know that we’ll keep everyone updated. The consequences are too high for the American people to be engaged in a political messaging campaign. I’m interested in getting a result here.”
Sen. Kent Conrad, D-N.D., said he would not rule out voting for a package that included chained CPI. But he said “it would have to be part of a significant package.”
Alan K. Ota contributed to this report.