- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
Vitter praised Salazar’s request Wednesday. “I’m glad the secretary has dropped his push for a pay raise. ... Now I hope he starts earning what he already makes and properly issues new permits for much-needed drilling in the Gulf,” Vitter said.
Reid criticized Vitter for placing inappropriate pressure on the Interior secretary. “I have worked with Minority Leader Mitch McConnell on this issue for weeks, and it is wrong for Sen. Vitter to try to get something in return for moving forward on a matter that the Senate has considered routine for more than a century,” Reid said.