- Ratings Change: Kirk's Race Now Tilts to Democrats
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Best of Rob Bishop
- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
Congress now has a responsibility to start addressing the cost of disasters before we face yet another storm. Itís time to make preparedness a national priority, and that starts with smart policy and resourcing. By adopting measures to keep costs in check, lawmakers will do the right thing for both their constituents and their communities.
David Williams is president of the Taxpayers Protection Alliance; Angela Anderson is director of the Climate and Energy Program at the Union of Concerned Scientists