- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
Portman, who went through a series of defined roles last Congress, from top Mitch McConnell confidante on budget issues to supercommittee member and top campaign surrogate, only gave a vague vision of his role now.
“I see myself focused like a laser on the big problems like the economy and jobs and the debt and deficit, which are totally related,” Portman said.