- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Democratic firm Public Policy Polling reported Rehberg taking 47 percent and Tester 45 percent, further evidence that this is one of the most competitive Senate races in the country.
The poll, which was released Tuesday, showed Tester with a strong approval rating, considering how incumbents across the country are seeing their ratings drop. Tester had a 51 percent approval rating, while 39 percent disapproved. Comparatively, 41 percent approved of the job being done by Sen. Max Baucus (D-Mont.), who is up for re-election in 2014.
Rehberg, who is the at-large Congressman, earned a 44 percent approval and 45 percent disapproval rating.
The survey of 819 registered voters was conducted Thursday to Sunday and had a 3.4-point margin of error.
Roll Call Politics rates this race a Tossup.