House Minority Whip Steny H. Hoyer has jam-packed several campaigning events and fundraisers over recess on behalf of House candidates.
The Maryland Democrat's tour will take him to Michigan, Ohio and Massachusetts, where he will campaign and fundraise for a handful of House contenders and one incumbent over the next few days.
Hoyer is only campaigning for challengers who have made the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee's Jumpstart program, according to a release from his leadership PAC, AmeriPAC. Candidates in Jumpstart have received the committee's de facto seal of approval.
Here are the districts where Hoyer is scheduled to campaign on Wednesday and Friday:
- #MI07: Hoyer will join former state Rep. Pam Byrnes and Democratic Rep. John D. Dingell at a Wednesday roundtable on public-private partnerships. He will also fundraise with Byrnes that evening. Byrnes is challenging Republican Rep. Tim Walberg. The race is rated Republican Favored by Rothenberg Political Report/Roll Call.
- #MI01: Hoyer will fundraise on Wednesday afternoon for retired Army Maj. Gen. Jerry Cannon. Cannon is challenging Republican Rep. Dan Benishek in the 1st District. The race is rated Tilts Republican by Rothenberg Political Report/Roll Call.
- #OH06: Hoyer will fundraise on Friday morning with former state Rep. Jennifer Garrison. She is challenging Republican Rep. Bill Johnson. The race is rated Leans Republican by Rothenberg Political Report/Roll Call.
- #OH03: Hoyer will also fundraise on Friday with Rep. Joyce Beatty. She is a safe bet for re-election in her Columbus-based district.
- #MA05: Hoyer will travel to Boston on Friday evening to fundraise for state Sen. Katherine Clark. Clark is the Democratic nominee in the race to replace now-Sen. Edward J. Markey in the House. She is all but certain to win the special election on Dec. 10.