Efforts by Democrats to push through gun-control legislation will dominate the Senate next week and could throw yet another wrench into passage of spending bills, says CQ Roll Call’s Budget and Economy Editor Jane Norman. Managing Editor Adriel Bettelheim and Magazine Deputy Editor Jason Dick discuss why voters could lose interest in Donald Trump’s rhetoric. And National Defense Reporter Megan Scully unpacks the Defense spending bill that includes debates over war funding, measures to keep the Guantanamo Bay prison open and why attempts to curtail unwarranted surveillance failed.
- Senate Plans Vote on Gun-Control Proposals
- With New Clout, Murphy Vows to Take Gun Control Push to the Polls
- Obama: Orlando Families Want Gun Control, 'Don't Care About Politics'
- McCain Bill Reignites Debate Over Guantanamo
- House Rejects Call for New War Powers Resolution to Fight ISIS