- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Going forward, Konczos said he hoped the department would continue its investigation and ultimately decide that safety vehicles can play a role in keeping officers out of harmís way.
He did concede it might be an uphill battle. With the sequester set to hit Friday, the Capitol Police will be consumed with budget cuts and maintaining campus security with limited resources. It might mean that the return of safety vehicles would not even be financially or logistically feasible.