Yes, there are a lot of politicians who attend the Iowa State Fair to court voters. But there is so much else to this unique event, from the almost 70 fried foods on a stick, to giant slides, sea lions, butter cows and butter Big Birds; even arm-wrestling. A day in the life of the Iowa State Fair with Political Theater.
- ‘Embrace it and take it all in’: Former Rep. David Young on the Iowa State Fair
- Tom Harkin makes rare appearance with 2020 contender
- Candidates, calories and cows: What really happens at the Iowa State Fair
- Photos from the Iowa Wing Ding
- Loebsack backed Obama over Clinton in 2007, but unsure about 2020 field
- With Iowa State Fair ahead, 2020 Democrats pitch to rural America
- The Iowa State Fair: Our proactive primer on politics, pork and public officials
Get breaking news alerts and more from Roll Call on your iPhone.