- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., met one-on-one with President Barack Obama Friday at the White House.
Aides to both parties were tight-lipped about what took place, except to say it was a “good meeting.”
Although most of the fiscal cliff negotiations have focused on the talks between Speaker John A. Boehner and Obama, Pelosi said Friday at a press conference that she was happy with the level of communication between herself and Obama.
The press conference took place before her White House meeting and she did not mention that it was forthcoming during her remarks.
“I’m very satisfied with the communication that I have with the president, that my staff has with his staff, and that our lead person on this, [Maryland Rep.] Chris Van Hollen, his communication with the executive branch. The president knows our views, he shares our values, we feel confident in any negotiation that he takes the lead in,” Pelosi said.