- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
The California Democrat declined to say what advice President Barack Obama had offered her, but said her House colleagues had repeatedly told her, “don’t even think of leaving.”
Pelosi said she made her final decision late Tuesday.
Although the minority leader position is a far cry from wielding the speaker’s gavel she once held, Pelosi said this year’s election results, while far from returning Democrats the majority, offered her an improved climate to stay on in.
Particularly with Obama being re-elected, “I don’t want to say it’s better than having the gavel, but it’s better than it was the last term,” she said. Some of the “anti-government ideologues” are gone and “that message has largely been rejected,” Pelosi said.