- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
But her decision to stick around angered a number of the partyís moderates, who would have preferred her longtime rival, Rep. Steny Hoyer (D-Md.), 72, as the Caucusís new leader. Hoyer declined to challenge Pelosi and was selected as Whip instead. The moderates still mounted a futile effort to topple her. About 43 Democrats voted for Blue Dog Rep. Heath Shuler (D-N.C.) instead of Pelosi for Leader, and 19 refused to vote for her for Speaker in the vote enshrining Rep. John Boehner (R-Ohio) in that role in January.