- Kathleen Matthews Joins Race for Van Hollen's Seat
- Let Voters Judge Early Ads
- Kelly Wins Runoff for Mississippi House Seat
- DNC's Mo Elleithee Leaving Politics for Georgetown
- Rematches Invite 'Retread' Label, Familiar Themes
He said that his staff has been in communications with the gang staff, but its not yet called “the gang of eight plus one,” he joked.
Sen. Charles E. Schumer, D-N.Y., one of the members of the group of eight, praised Paul’s remarks.
“The consensus continues to grow in favor of immigration reform that contains a path to citizenship. While there are certainly differences between our emerging product and Senator Paul’s outline, there is also a lot of common ground. In the coming months, Congress has a unique opportunity to make America a fairer and economically stronger place. We must come together to seize this opportunity.”