- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
For now, state Democrats insist their immediate goal is to find a candidate to take on popular GOP Gov. Chris Christie in November 2013. Christie is a possible 2016 presidential candidate. The Senate primary will more than likely occur in early June 2014, with the filing deadline sometime in April 2014.
“Our No. 1 concern is to get a gubernatorial candidate and lieutenant governor, to get that going,” Bergen County Democratic Chairman Lou Stellato said. “Who runs for Senate a year from November, that’s three lifetimes from now.”