- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
But neither side got what it wanted out of last week’s elections. Republicans were denied our candidate’s bid for the White House, and Democrats were thwarted in their attempt to regain control of Congress. Yet the issues facing our country remain.
As elected leaders, we each must recommit ourselves to work together toward putting our country on a prosperous, sustainable path and restoring America’s promise as a land of opportunity. That’s our job, and the people have told us to get back to work.
Rep. Martha Roby, R-Ala., is a member of the Agriculture, Armed Services, and Education and the Workforce committees.