- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
All the briefings are closed to the public, specifically the media, in order to encourage new members to speak freely and ask questions without fear of embarrassment in the press. Every orientation event, however, includes a stakeout location for credentialed reporters who want to catch up with the new lawmakers. Journalists wielding cameras and notebooks will also have an opportunity to set up shop outside the Capitol Hill Hotel.
It will be another important experience for members of the freshman class before they come to work in January: basking in, or running from, the ever-present media spotlight.