Oil & Gas Monitor runs a piece from Booz Allen Hamilton that states: "More oil and gas companies of all sizes are considering ways to use IT to strengthen every aspect of the business."
Keys for success include:
- A tolerance for not having all the answers at the start
- A willingness to experiment, using small-scale pilot testing, and patience for mistakes in order to accomplish your goals
- A willingness to innovate and accept change as the new normal
- A strategy that incorporates near real-time user input and feedback, and development cycles that can accommodate rapid acceleration and deceleration
- A commitment to flawless execution of change management and end user training
- A commitment by the company’s tech leaders to learn to speak the language of “the business“