- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
About 100 Occupy DC protesters took their fight against financial inequality tonight to Union Station, where an environmental nonprofit was holding a dinner featuring representatives from the corporate world.
Walmart officials were among those scheduled to attend the Conservation International dinner in the East Hall, and the protesters filled Union Station with chants of “We can see your greedy side. Hey, Walmart, you can’t hide.”
“People are questioning what’s going on in the economy. They want justice,” said Mackenzie Baris of DC Jobs With Justice. Baris said she helped organize the protest for Occupy DC, which posted information about the Union Station “flash mob” against Walmart and corporate greed on its website today. The protesters accused the company of hurting communities and abusing workers.