- Why Was Fiorina Denied Ad Time During the Debate?
- What the Hell Happened to Jeb Bush?
- Pelosi, DCCC Use Tea Party to Fire Up Dem Voters
- Anti-Abortion Groups to GOP: Include Fiorina in Debate
- Obamacare Repeal Votes Motivate Democratic Donors
About 100 Occupy DC protesters took their fight against financial inequality tonight to Union Station, where an environmental nonprofit was holding a dinner featuring representatives from the corporate world.
Walmart officials were among those scheduled to attend the Conservation International dinner in the East Hall, and the protesters filled Union Station with chants of “We can see your greedy side. Hey, Walmart, you can’t hide.”
“People are questioning what’s going on in the economy. They want justice,” said Mackenzie Baris of DC Jobs With Justice. Baris said she helped organize the protest for Occupy DC, which posted information about the Union Station “flash mob” against Walmart and corporate greed on its website today. The protesters accused the company of hurting communities and abusing workers.