- Manchin is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
As Ellis noted, at some point, you have to cut a deal. Chip Roy, chief of staff to Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, a signer of the Senate ultimatum letter, blasted opponents of the shutdown strategy with the hashtag #surrendercaucus on Twitter.
Ellis took him to task.
“The problem with the Lee letter is that it leaves us no room to do the eventual negotiation we know we have to do,” he tweeted back.