- Ratings Change: Kirk's Race Now Tilts to Democrats
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Best of Rob Bishop
- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
As Ellis noted, at some point, you have to cut a deal. Chip Roy, chief of staff to Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, a signer of the Senate ultimatum letter, blasted opponents of the shutdown strategy with the hashtag #surrendercaucus on Twitter.
Ellis took him to task.
“The problem with the Lee letter is that it leaves us no room to do the eventual negotiation we know we have to do,” he tweeted back.