- Quiz: Who Wore This Campaign Fashion Better?
- Trying to Make Sense of the Post-New Hampshire Republican Race
- Redistricting Case Could Delay North Carolina's Primary
- What We Learned From New Hampshire
- Trump, Sanders Win Huge in New Hampshire
“They’ve allowed these cuts to happen because they refuse to budge on closing a single wasteful loophole to help reduce the deficit.”
Earlier, Republican leaders again ruled out new revenue.
And Obama separately said that he doesn’t want the budget battles to stop the rest of his agenda, saying that he would continue to push immigration, gun control, early childhood education and infrastructure improvements, among other items.
He also addressed his administration’s decision to weigh in against California’s Proposition 8 law banning same-sex marriage.
“We cannot discriminate against same-sex couples when it comes to marriage,” Obama said, noting his decision to change positions on the issue last year after a long period of reflection.