- Rand Paul's 'Long Haul' Cut Short
- Bernie Sanders as GOP Tool: Their Plan to Use Him Against Democrats
- Can Rubio Follow Romneys Path to the Nomination?
- Why Was Fiorina Denied Ad Time During the Debate?
- What the Hell Happened to Jeb Bush?
“At this point in our country’s history, this is absolutely the right decision, and I look forward to seeing what the Administration brings forward and to a vigorous debate on this important authorization. Further, now that the president has decided to use force and seek authorization, it is imperative that he immediately begins using every ounce of his energy to make his case to the American people,” Corker said.
But Rep. Charles B. Rangel, D-N.Y., said that while he was pleased Obama was coming to Congress, he opposed going to war.
“I don’t see where America is threatened,” Rangel said on CNN. If the vote was held now, “there is absolutely no question I would vote ‘no.’”
Niels Lesniewski contributed to this report.