- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
“At this point in our country’s history, this is absolutely the right decision, and I look forward to seeing what the Administration brings forward and to a vigorous debate on this important authorization. Further, now that the president has decided to use force and seek authorization, it is imperative that he immediately begins using every ounce of his energy to make his case to the American people,” Corker said.
But Rep. Charles B. Rangel, D-N.Y., said that while he was pleased Obama was coming to Congress, he opposed going to war.
“I don’t see where America is threatened,” Rangel said on CNN. If the vote was held now, “there is absolutely no question I would vote ‘no.’”
Niels Lesniewski contributed to this report.