- Cruz's Struggle: This Man Loves to Argue
- DSCC Topped $5 Million in March
- NRSC Raised $4.9 Million in March
- NRCC Outraises DCCC in March, Is Now Debt-Free
- Manchin Is Staying in the Senate
“It’s less of a frontal assault than it is a flanking maneuver,” he said. “He may be violating the spirit of the law but not necessarily the letter. The legality is up in the air.”
Timothy Jost, a longtime supporter of the health care law and a law professor at Washington and Lee University, defended the mandate decision.
“This is really a question of enforcement and when the administration runs into practical difficulty, it delays enforcement,” he said.
He predicted the administration would get its way in the end.
“I don’t see the courts intervening here. I’m sure Congress will hold hearings but there really isn’t anything they can do.”