- Congressional Hits and Misses: Best of Rob Bishop
- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
- 14 Open House Seats, Few Takeover Opportunities
Fattah, an appropriator from Philadelphia, said he hopes there will not be more demands from Congressional Republicans for cuts in other spending to offset the cost of additional disaster aid. “This Congress has been defined by brinksmanship, which we can ill-afford during such a crisis as this and with such anticipated urgencies,” Fattah said. “We have a responsibility to ensure that FEMA doesn’t run out of money partway through the job. We must assist state and local governments in returning families, businesses and communities to full recovery.”
Any legislative action in response to the hurricane would come after the post-election session begins the week of Nov. 13.