- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
President Barack Obama is open to signing a short-term, “clean” continuing resolution that does not defund or delay Obamacare.
“We would consider a clean CR that prevents a shutdown,” White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters Thursday. That would give time to consider a broader spending deal, he said.
Carney was asked whether the White House would agree to a $986 billion spending level House Republicans have proposed — which is just below 2013 sequester levels. Republicans insist their bill is “clean.”
Carney did not directly address that spending level.
He did reiterate the president would not accept any legislation delaying or defunding the health care law.