- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
After discussions between Israel and Obama’s campaign manager, Jim Messina, the president agreed to do numerous fundraisers for congressional Democrats, help recruit candidates and share voter data gathered from the 2012 campaign with the DCCC, steps Israel called “transformational.”
At the Thursday meeting with House Democrats, Obama referred to doubts in Washington that the two parties could come together on fiscal issues.
“There is skepticism about bridging the divide but we’ve got to try,” he said.
After Obama gave brief opening remarks, about 20 lawmakers lined up behind the microphones to ask him questions. After beginning to answer them one by one, Obama began to allow three questions to be asked at once, attempting to answer all three at the same time.