- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Carney declined to push Reid to return, saying that the way out remains having the House vote on the Senate bill.
“The reason they refused to vote on that bill is because it would have passed,” Carney said.
Carney also suggested that the real problem was that House and Senate Republican leaders couldn’t get their act together among themselves, given that 89 Senators backed the two-month patch.
The president “is not and should not be” a “marriage counselor between House and Senate Republicans,” Carney said.