- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Carney declined to push Reid to return, saying that the way out remains having the House vote on the Senate bill.
“The reason they refused to vote on that bill is because it would have passed,” Carney said.
Carney also suggested that the real problem was that House and Senate Republican leaders couldn’t get their act together among themselves, given that 89 Senators backed the two-month patch.
The president “is not and should not be” a “marriage counselor between House and Senate Republicans,” Carney said.