- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
The National Republican Congressional Committee launched a TV ad Friday against Rep. Ben Chandler, a Kentucky Democrat who won re-election last year by fewer than 700 votes.
The ad uses Chandler’s own words to tie him to the economic policies of President Barack Obama, while highlighting the state’s nearly 10 percent unemployment rate. It features Chandler speaking during what appears to be an endorsement speech for Obama during the 2008 campaign.
“Barack Obama. Ben Chandler. They’re making the economy worse,” the announcer says.
The NRCC is spending $20,000 and running the ad for three weeks on Fox News Channel in the Lexington media market. Republican Andy Barr announced this month that he is going to challenge the four-term Democrat again next year.
Watch the ad: