- The Donald Trump Impact: Not so Inevitable After All
- Heck Decision Prompts Rating Changes in 2 Nevada Races
- Joe Heck to Run for Nevada Senate (Video)
- GOP Women's Recruitment Effort Adapts for 2016
- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
The National Republican Congressional Committee launched a TV ad Friday against Rep. Ben Chandler, a Kentucky Democrat who won re-election last year by fewer than 700 votes.
The ad uses Chandler’s own words to tie him to the economic policies of President Barack Obama, while highlighting the state’s nearly 10 percent unemployment rate. It features Chandler speaking during what appears to be an endorsement speech for Obama during the 2008 campaign.
“Barack Obama. Ben Chandler. They’re making the economy worse,” the announcer says.
The NRCC is spending $20,000 and running the ad for three weeks on Fox News Channel in the Lexington media market. Republican Andy Barr announced this month that he is going to challenge the four-term Democrat again next year.
Watch the ad: