The National Republican Congressional Committee today announced its second round of Young Guns — GOP candidates who have been placed in the top tier of the committee’s recruitment and candidate support program.
“These candidates have met a series of rigorous goals that will put them in position to win on Election Day,” NRCC Chairman Pete Sessions (Texas) said. “The momentum behind these campaigns is proof-positive that Americans are fed up with President Obama’s policies ..."
The new Young Gun candidates are:
- Colusa County Supervisor Kim Vann, running in California's 3rd district against Rep. John Garamendi (D)
- Former Lt. Gov. Abel Maldonado, running in California's 24th district against Rep. Lois Capps (D)
- Riverside County Supervisor John Tavaglione, running in California's new 41st district
- Long Beach City Councilman Gary DeLong , running in California's new 47th district
- Manufacturing executive Joe Coors Jr., running in Colorado's 7th district against Rep. Ed Perlmutter (D)
- Former Congressional aide Rodney Davis, running in Illinois' open 13th district
- Monroe County Executive Maggie Brooks, running in New York's 25th district against Rep. Louise Slaughter (D)
- State Sen. David Rouzer, running in North Carolina's 7th district against Rep. Mike McIntyre (D)
- Former Rhode Island Police Superintendent Brendan Doherty, running in Rhode Island's 1st district against Rep. David Cicilline (D) or Anthony Gemma, a Democrat challenging Cicilline in the primary
- State Del. Rick Snuffer, running in West Virginia's 3rd district against Rep. Nick Rahall (D)