- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
“I hope that we don’t have a re-enactment of that where the Republicans in the House painted themselves in the extreme of not wanting to find compromise and a solution,” Pelosi said.
Senate Democrats still in town were following the action in the House with a mixture of trepidation and scorn.
“There is a really unprecedented degree of extremism and dysfunction in the House Republican caucus, and I hope that doesn’t disrupt the progress we’ve made on the fiscal cliff,” Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse, D-R.I., said on the Senate floor.
Sam Goldfarb and Humberto Sanchez contributed to this report.