- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
“Somebody asked me, ‘Well, how important is it to meet with these steering committee members?’ and I said, ‘It’s a higher priority than just about everything else on the agenda.’”
California Democrat Ami Bera, who is only narrowly leading in his race against orientation leader and House Administration Chairman Dan Lungren, R-Calif., came for orientation in case the election is called in his favor.
“We’re moving ahead so we can hit the ground running and start serving our district,” Bera said.
Rep.-elect Mark Takano, D-Calif., meanwhile, just wanted to find a place to clean his shirts.
“I’ve figured out one thing, that’s where to do my laundry,” Takano said, motioning to the canvas bag he had with him on the way to the laundry services in the House. “It’s like $8 a shirt here at the hotel. I’m not used to that.”