- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Currently, the Energy and Commerce, Ways and Means, and Education and Workforce panels have most of the jurisdiction over health care issues. The most recent bill (HR 6079) to repeal the entire law was referred to those panels, as well as the Natural Resources, Judiciary, House Administration, Rules, Appropriations and Budget committees.
If the amendment is adopted this week, the House would have nearly two months to prepare for establishing the new committee, the lawmakers said. They said taking advantage of this opportunity would be the best way to make a change and ultimately be able to repeal the law.
“To critics it should be asked: how can we possibly hope to repeal Obamacare if we cannot even reform the House over which we have total control?” the Republicans wrote in the letter.
Daniel Newhauser contributed to this story.