- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
- 14 Open House Seats, Few Takeover Opportunities
- Veteran Democratic Consultants Launch New Media Firm
In Idaho, Cantor said the farm bill did not come up for a vote before the House’s departure for the election because there were not enough votes to support it. Some conservatives continue to push against a big farm bill deal including nutrition programs.
“While it was a conservative victory that the gargantuan, $1 trillion dollar farm and food stamp bill was allowed to expire, we knew that the battle was not yet over,” a blog post from the conservative group Heritage Action said Thursday.