- Manchin is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
David Marin, now a principal at the Podesta Group, did just that by securing his first job on the Hill — press secretary to Rep. Thomas M. Davis III, R-Va.
“I covered a couple of his re-elections. He would tell you that for years I gave him a hard time, including an endorsement of his opponent in 1996,” Marin said.
“We got to know each other a little better over the years, and I came to respect and admire his style and his approach. I definitely wasn’t thinking about a move to the Hill at the time. I was really enjoying community journalism. Then in 1999, the day before my wedding, Tom called and asked if I was interested in becoming his press secretary. He said, ‘I figure if you can’t beat ’em, join ’em.’”