- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
In “Detropia,” directors Rachel Grady and Heidi Ewing profile several Detroit residents, including a retired teacher who runs a local blues bar and a local union president trying to save the plant where he works. Their idea was to bring attention to the decline of the middle class by showing what happened in the city that gave birth to the black middle class.
Attempts to reach Conyers for comment about the recent slate of Detroit films were not successful. Detroit’s other congressional representative, Democratic Rep. Gary Peters, said he wanted to see the films first before commenting on them.
“Burn” will play this week at the AMC Loews Georgetown 14 at 3111 K St. NW. More information can be found at detroitfirefilm.org.